Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A peaceful gleam

The night paused to listen to the nothing that floats through its warm fall night air.
It yawns and stretches and then goes back to listening, waiting to hear if any excitement bursts forth on this Thanksgiving eve.

I yawn even bigger as I unwind from a busy week that has yet to slow down.
As I snuggle down into the warmth of my layers of blankets, two thoughts sit on the crest of my mind: one of utter amazement, and another of simple rest.

I am finding that tonight is a night that I can truthfully sing "Savior I come, quiet my soul, remember..." and nestle down for 15 hours of utter calm.
Rest is important for us as people... and I whole heartedly believe that to be so because of the fact that our God took a day to breathe.
More often than not, we take maybe an hour to just sit and rest, and then we're right back to work... whether that be actual work, school assignments, or sometimes even being with others.
Tonight, I am able to embrace the still and the quiet for all that it offers me... and I plan to.
I think that it will help provoke growth in the area of peace that every Christian life should cultivate... a peace that passes all understanding.

I live in complete awe with God's evident mighty hand working in my life.
I remember vividly (and also have written record of doing so) the very first time I really prayed that God would guide me in the direction HE wanted me to go in.
That brought me to Biola.
I remember last year being completely miserable with my studies, and lifting my major up to Him, praying that He would lead me to the area in which He needed me...
He then led me into Journalism.
This year, I have prayed a similar prayer... allowing Him to narrow down His will even further... and have been led to switching my emphasis, as I have explained in previous posts.
He has continuously been confirming that this is, indeed, His will for my life... which has been indescribably outstanding.

His lead is so beautiful... it almost visibly sparkles.
I often times look myself in the eye and wonder, "What is it that He wants? What is it I could do for Him?"
He never fails to answer my self questioning.

Holding His hand and walking toward His next stop is dreadfully wondrous...
I know its His plan... and I know He'll get me there if it really is what He wants...
its all a matter of trust now.
Trust in the silence... trust in the calm... trust in the chaos and also in the surging storm...

Its lovely, ever so lovely letting Him lead for once... a new experience that I plan to transition to every area of my life...
I want every pathway to sparkle and every choice to be overflowing with peace.

No comments: