Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Ravings of an Insane Soapboxer

Dear Reader,


For about a week now, I’ve had two thoughts that have run through my head like the Roadrunner from Bugs Bunny…. And I’ve been the Coyote up until sometime last night and this afternoon.
Time can be a fuzzy thing.


Both are thoughts of heavy weight… so I think I’ll plunge into them one at a time, and not merge them together, even though they somewhat interact.


Thought One:
Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. I just finished 1,2 & 3 John as of yesterday for one of my favorite Bible classes here at beautiful Biola University (I can add more “B’s” to that sentence if you’d like). And I’m finding myself held to a concept of love that is ridiculous to the world around me.
Love those who have hurt me?
The world laughs in my face and says, “Surely, dear girl, you must be joking!”
But I’m not.


That doesn’t mean I’ll be a doormat, and let those who have hurt me walk all over my stubborn self. But I definitely won’t turn them away if they’re genuinely sorry for the things they did that caused me tremendous pain… nor will I deny friendship that I truly missed if it is being acted upon once more.
I’m not a blonde bimbo who knows nothing of what she’s getting into…
But I am an intelligent brunette who has been through this sort of thing once before, and knows better than the world could expect on what not to do ever again…
And to some, I may seem ridiculous to be willing to be nice to anyone who has caused me to shed tears of frustration and sorrow.
But let me ask you to consider something…
I think Jesus cried over the fact that I am a wicked girl who spit in His face and mocked His wounds… in which He willingly took on for me.
I think Jesus felt hurt and betrayed when I lied, cheated, lusted after, and gossiped when He deliberately created me to be something better.
I think that He has every right to hate me, to never speak to me again, and to treat me like the murderer that I am.
But He’s doesn’t.
And I think He deserves to have His actions respected, honored and followed by me… because that is what He has asked each and every Christian to do.
Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbor.
If I love Him, I’ll follow Him… even if its labeled insanity.


Thought Two:
Its amazing how a time in your life that can seem dark and dreary can be looked back upon as something good.
I’ve said that to myself at least three times today…
The struggle I went through at the beginning of the semester was hard…
But it was good.
It was good because it got me fighting again… and good because it got me to realize that I want and need nothing more than my Father.
He could have left me alone… but He didn’t… even when it felt like He did.
Beautifully good, wouldn't you say?


Anyways, I’m jumping off my soapbox now.
Its time I catch up on the sleep that I’ve missed….


Oh the life of a college kid…. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

No comments: